Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Looking back part 1 - My toddler days- It's all about cars

I remember certain events in the past rather vividly but strangely, I have no recollection of my days when I was 1 to 3 years old. All i know is that I used to live in a cosy bungalow in Novena, where my grandparents used to live, and that my father owned a grey Hyundai car. I used to complain about the car door handles, simply because I found it a hassle to pull it. Thinking back, I wondered why my father changed his car to an Alfa Romeo. It was probably due to my complaint, because one obvious difference was the door handle. In fact, there wasn't any handles, just something that you can press on to open the car door- something unique.

Anyway, I secretly took pride in the 'new' Alfa Romeo. It was not just because of the special way of opening car doors, but also the absolutely gorgeous car logo prominantly engraved in front. The logo was shaped like a snake and a flag side by side and I thought that was pretty cool. From there on, I became obseesed with cars. I remember that I had a stack of cards with all the statistics of the car listed. I always paid close attention to the speed ratings, and I rated Porsche, Lamboghini and Ferrari as my top 3. I also knew all the car brands at my fingertips, like Saab, Audi etc. It was a fantastic childhood memory that I would forever cherish because I may never experience the relaxing and innocent life of a toddler again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pretty dark confession to make... may be taken down soon

 Oh my god, I have not written for almost 2.5 years. Mind blowing. At the point when I am writing this blog entry, I believe that I am defin...