Thursday, December 1, 2016

Like blue Crimson.. Stunning review of Pokemon sun and moon

So, i just finished my 4th trial island and so far, I have such a wonderful experience- there are so many beautiful awesome moments- where do I even start!!?? But I would say, the most important reason why I love pokemon Moon is the sheer ability to trade! My childhood dream has been fulfilled! For 20 over years, I have played Pokemon on emulator, and I yearned everytime to obtain overpowered Pokemon that can only be evolved via trade, now with the Nintendo 3ds console, it is made possible! I was so excited to unlock machamp, alazakam and gengar, which were so elusive in the past. Many thanks to my good buddy, who was willing to trade. It is very convenient to trade actually, just connect to festival plaza via wifi- a new feature in this pokemon series that enables one to connect to other users internationally. Awesome!

I also love the storyline and the pace of the game. Gone were the tedious gym battles, and now replaced by fun, interesting grand trials. The graphics look pleasing, and it portrays a more relaxed and pleasant environment, giving the player more freedom to explore. The storyline is guided and easy to progress. Your trainer companion, Hau, is very laid back, the whole atmosphere of island paradise Aloha is definitely a great escape from a stressful workday. Oh yes, Pokemon Sun AND Moon, the difference is in their time zones, Moon version will show night time during real day time. Now hat's interesting, because it can influence what pokemon you can catch.

Okay, now let me zoom in to the Pokemon themselves. At first, I was sceptical of the weird looking pokemon, like the ugly ultra beasts, the hilarious hairdo of Dugtrio, the puffed-up face of Persian, the Pikachu imitation of Mimikyu, and especially now my absolute Favourite, the insanely long neck of Alohian Exeggutor. But I thought to myself, why so serious? It is so awkward that it is fun!
Another unique feature is the Alohian Island variants. Some of the familiar pokemon differ in appearance as well as typing, from the predecessor games. Now Raichu is a psychic type, which grants his new psychic attacks a slight boost. Ice Vulpix is uniquely in the Sun version and Ice Sandshrew can only be found in the Moon version.

Now I am going to touch on the gameplay. Wow, obtaining exp share this early in the game accessible to all benched pokemon, definitely motivates me to exp-grind my pokemon! Pokemon levels up at such a blistering pace, better still, when traded, it grants X1.5 exp rate! I dedicated much time evolving my secondary pokemon in the process and improving my pokedex count. Of course, with walkthroughs so accessible in the modern world, it certainly improves the gaming experience. I am now armed with the knowledge of Pokemon in every region, so I can spend fruitful time to "catch 'em all"!

Switching to the battles,  Z-moves = Z-mazing! Basically your character is given a watch to activate z-crystals of different Pokemon elements, that are obtained progressively in the story. The Z-crystals will power up your regular attacks to Z-moves that have the potential to OHKO the opponent, but can only be used once. To elaborate, it doubles the Attack/Special Attack rating of the corresponding regular move, so it's best to learn a powerful Attack despite the drawbacks. For instance, Solar Beam is a wonderful Attack but it needs to be charged first before it can be activated. With the Z-move, you can deal double the damage without the cooldown. I have completely annihilated the bosses using this sweet method.

Anyway, there are so many fun moments that I have immersed myself totally into the game. It might be my last Pokemon game before I go into adulthood, so I have to cherish this experience, especially with my buddy playing. $355 is totally worth spending for a priceless experience.

p.s. I may add more stuff here once I have the inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A pretty dark confession to make... may be taken down soon

 Oh my god, I have not written for almost 2.5 years. Mind blowing. At the point when I am writing this blog entry, I believe that I am defin...