Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Arrowverse review Part 3: The Legend of Mon-El and the Legion of Superheroes - Supergirl S3

Continuing from Part 2 and the conclusion of season 2, season 3 was not shown on Channel 5 TV, hence I got to watch the laggy episodes via web streaming, but I was not complaining. I also furnished my knowledge of DC comics via Youtube fan clips.

Oh yes, about Mon-El. We did not get to see him until episode 7. Kara Danvers, aka Supergirl, was shocked to discover an escape pod with an unconscious Mon-El and a beautiful lady named Imra Ardeen. When Mon-El awakened, he explained everything, revealing to be from the Thirty-First (!) Century.

During the time when his pod escaped Earth, he got sucked into the Phantom Zone. 1000 YEARS LATER, he was discovered by Imra Ardeen, who brought him back to her planet and cured him, making him immune to Lead. Many years later they got married and somehow landed on Earth. Kara Danvers, upon realising that Mon-El no longer had feelings for her, was crushed.

During the most recent episode 9 -  the midseason finale, before the ultimate 'demise' of Supergirl, both Mon-El and Imran revealed more juicy stuff. Turns out they were in a group known as " THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES" and Mon-El was the leader.

Being curious, I carried out my extensive research on the topic "Legion of Superheroes". Being a superhero group in the 31ST CENTURY, they must have been very powerful. I first checked out who Imran was, turns out she was Saturn Girl. Saturn Girl was really popular in the comics. Other notable members included Brainiac 5, who would have a signficant impact in the later episodes, as well as Cosmic Boy & Lightning Lad. Lastly, I could not miss out on my inquisitiveness of Mon-El. From the information i gathered, he had the same abilities as SUPERMAN, albeit his weakness is lead instead of kryptonite, but he needed to consume a drug regularly to make him immune to lead.  I SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT TO WITNESS THE EVOLUTION OF MON-EL. Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised.

I feel that the legion were sent to Earth for a purpose - to assist Supergirl and avenge her defeat to the Worldkiller REIGN...

Conclusion is that I am loving the DC drama series, because the episodes get more and more engaging. Quite simply, it has the potential to be EPIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pretty dark confession to make... may be taken down soon

 Oh my god, I have not written for almost 2.5 years. Mind blowing. At the point when I am writing this blog entry, I believe that I am defin...