Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Best Epic Moments playing Pokemon Go

It has been over 2 years since I had last played Pokemon Go, an augmented reality mobile app that was first released in August 2016. Initially, I played the game with much anticipation, but after 2 months, I temporarily stopped playing due to the lack of interest. Out of the blue, my good buddy, Terence, reignited my passion for the game around March 2017, and from then onwards I never looked back. Just last year, my Pokemon Go experience had risen to a whole new level, thanks to my good buddy and ex-classmate Kenneth, a.k.a. the_game_master. 👦

With Terence:
15:- Drove all the way to Tuas to catch the rare Pokemon Miltank.
14:- All the Unown catches when my car was at max speed to destinations such as Bedok and Sentosa.
13:- Was at the West side when there was a notice by sgpokemap indicating Chansey location on the East. Hence, I drove to the East, after which we realized that Unown just spawned at the West. However, we were already at the East and were not able to reach Unown location on time before it de-spawned. <Instant regret>
12:- Illegally parked the car at the main road and dashed to the Unown location inside Gardens by the Bay. Fortunately managed to catch it at the last minute, but the Aunty behind us missed her chance. Skipped back gleefully to the car only to feast our eyes on 2 Chiobos waiting for their man. <3
11:- Was frustrated after several attempts of not catching an Articuno and threw a tantrum.
10:- Cute moment when we were at a secluded hill in my car raiding when a young caucassian boy approached us to request to party for the raid.
09:- Night cycling at Ulu Pandan Road to catch Pokemon (when 'O bike' was popular). So glad that Terence was open minded and agreed to this.
08:- Insane luck catching 2 shiny Ho-ohs out of 3 attempts during an imprompto raid hunt.
07:- Terence helped me get shiny Aerodactyl after random click of reserach quest reward.
06:- Trading and getting first shiny lucky together (Roselia and Eevee).
05:- Terence shocked me by confessing that he caught plenty of Unown and Mr Mime during the Chiayi event in Taiwan. Guess he was "at the right place at the right time". I felt very happy for him.
04:- All the experiences of catching 100IV Pokemon together.
03:- Terence caught a 100IV Mewtwo after so many attempts and he was a relieved man.
02:- Terence caught a SHINY 100IV Pikachu at Sunset Way!
01:- Terence caught 2 shiny Groudons simultaneously in both his accounts. I got so excited that I posted on telegram to event raiding group.


With Kenneth:(mostly via trading)
5:- While driving, Kenneth randomly caught a shiny Swablu.
4:- Spent time with Kenneth on public transport during one of the community days (5 free raid passes for a chance of shiny Gengar, whereby both of us got Shiny Gengars during our first raid!)
3:- Traded at Vivocity and he got lucky Mewtwo with an IV of 91!
2:- Recently traded and we both got luckyt shiny Swinub! Not forgetting lucky Chansey and Swinub.
1:- Traded at his home and got LUCKY SHINY MOLTRES!! (during that time was guaranteed lucky due to the "Aug 2016" criteria, but I was overjoyed considering I did not catch a shiny Moltres during the event raid)

In the case, considering that special trade can only be conducted ONCE daily, I'm already very lucky and these moments are truly epic!

By Myself:
5:- Through my perseverance, I managed to secure 2 Shiny Groudons and a Shiny Magby within one night!
4:- Catching my first Unown on-the-dot at Ubi while driving the Nissan Z. Was a proud moment.
3:- Obtaining a 100IV legendary via a research quest for the first time after so many months.
2:- Very satistfied that I managed to obtain a 100IV event Pichu!
1:- Shiny Snorunt visited my account at my Condo basement!

BONUS: I miss cycling at the park and catching Pokemon. Got rid of my bicycle due to wear & tear (which I deeply regretted after).

BONUS: With Terence and Kenneth, I was driving when my right rear tyre was unfortunately punctured but because of their kind assistance, the spare type was restored. Was so embarrassed and definitely not my proudest moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A pretty dark confession to make... may be taken down soon

 Oh my god, I have not written for almost 2.5 years. Mind blowing. At the point when I am writing this blog entry, I believe that I am defin...