Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pulau Ubin Part 4 -This is overshot!!! lol.

My friend and I were cycling continuously for 20 minutes long and still no sign of the obstacle course. We had seen the map earlier and had agreed to try out the obstacle course in order to challenge ourselves. I did not take note of the scale of the map and thus did not realise that the course was several miles further than I expected.

After exactly half an hour, my friend and I stumbled upon a rocky path ahead of us. We figured out that that was the start of the obstacle course and rode towards there without hesitation as we did not cycle all the way there for nothing. A short while later, we came across the map of the obstacle course. We realised that we were in the blue zone, which is supposingly the least treacherous in the whole course. My good buddy and I decided to take a detour on the left. For a moment I thought that I was in the black zone, the most dangerous of all, as I struggled a bit to ride through the grass patches, and up/down slopes. To my horror, I discovered that guess what.. I was in the blue zone.. My reaction? =.=" and T.T...

My friend was not bothered and decided to test himself to his limits, or rather, over my limits. I was already panting at that time and someone else would think that I am absolutely hopeless. But not my friend. Through his encouragement, we braved through the pebbles, grass and steep slopes to arrive at the notorious..BLACK zone. The first obstacle we witnessed was the overshot. Basically, there is a huge rock and in front of the rock, is a hug. e plunge down a few metres to the ground. To us it was impossible to complete as it is only fit for a stuntman. I made a very short video intro about it.

To my horror(again), i realised that i had lost my last packet of eyedrop. I was frantically searching for it in my pockets, but to no avail. I knew at that moment that I had to go back home asap, moreover I felt some dryness in my eyes. Consequently, my friend and I decided to head back to the jetty. What was only 30 minutes of journey seemed like an eternity, as I mustered all of my remaining energy to pedal back to the bicycle shop.

After returning the rented bicycles, I was thoroughly exhausted and bought a bottle of water to hydrate myself. We did not have to wait long(or at all) for the ferry. My friend and I then took bus to the mrt station and we bid adios. In light of the events, I thought of my mother's advice. Maybe I should have waited until my eyes have fully recovered, before organising the trip. However, if it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, it was worth it. I smiled to myself before ringing the doorbell outside my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pretty dark confession to make... may be taken down soon

 Oh my god, I have not written for almost 2.5 years. Mind blowing. At the point when I am writing this blog entry, I believe that I am defin...