Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pulau Ubin part 2 - Only trainees allowed :((

I could immediately sense that my friend was much more enthusiastic than me, although I suggested the Pulau Ubin trip. He had not ridden a bicycle for 6 months. More importantly, he said that he wanted to see something very, very mysterious (will be revealed later on). We passed by bicycle shop after shop until we realised that someone was renting out bicycles for only 5 dollars every 3 hours. Without the slightest hesitation, my buddy and I decided to rent the low-quality bikes and off we went.

We were riding happily for around 15 minutes, when I experienced a bit of difficulty. Dust had apparantly entered my vulnerable eyes and I waved to my friend urgently, telling him to stop. I had never expected the area to be so dusty because like I said, I had not been to Pulau Ubin for a very long time. However, that did not deter me as I just applied eyedrop to minimise the pain.

My friend was desperate to find the map of the area, determined to arrive at the mysterious place. After successfully searching for the map, we realised that we had to ride up an extremely steep slope in order to get to our destination. I mustered all my energy and was panting already before finally conquering the slope.

After 30 long minutes, I began to realise that the mysterious landmark my friend was referring to was in fact an adventure camp. From a distance I could see a lot of challenging obstacles, the ones that I used to attempt during my adventure camp days in sec school; such as abseiling and flying fox. My friend and I were grinning in excitement as we proceeded up the slope to get a better view of the place. Unfortunately, a wel-built man stopped us in our tracks. He explained that only trainees are allowed within the premises. Considering that my buddy and I had seen a couple went up without being halted, we felt very sway...:(.

Anyway, we cycled down and rode all the way to the eatery to take our well-deserved break...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pretty dark confession to make... may be taken down soon

 Oh my god, I have not written for almost 2.5 years. Mind blowing. At the point when I am writing this blog entry, I believe that I am defin...