Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pulau Ubin Part 3 - zzz... My bicycle chain got detached!!

Well it was 3pm and I got the feeling that we were just getting started, and that my friend would not call it quits. I accessed my situation and permitted myself to spend a few more hours in the island. Anyway my friend, being the more enthusiastic one, led the way with his bicycle.

However, a few hundred metres from our starting point, the unthinkable just happened. I was furiously peddling my bicycle when we were going upslope. Out of the blue, my bicycle chaine just became loose. I could pedal no further and again, my friend had to stop for me. My friend must have been thinking: OMG! as we resolved to head all the way back to the bicycle shop, with me pushing the bicycle. When we reached the shop, the owner said no problem and lent me a replacement. I thanked him and my friend and I set off to a perilous journey. How perilous and treacherous the journey is later I will tell you. Anyway, we wasted a good half an hour because of that annoying bicycle chain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pretty dark confession to make... may be taken down soon

 Oh my god, I have not written for almost 2.5 years. Mind blowing. At the point when I am writing this blog entry, I believe that I am defin...