Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Old and not so dangerous already.. (movie outing part 3)

My friend and I were relieved that we were in the cinema just on time :).. The Hong Kong movie (Once a Gangster) commenced and my friend was smiling with excitement. He told me that there was a series of "Young and Dangerous" movies and he was a huge fan of all those. He recognised the person holding the chicken head and another person with the knife carved "人定胜天".

Ok, o the movie started off with a decent plot. A guy nicknamed '小鸡' first joined a gangster group when he was a teenager. He loved to cook chicken. As a result, many years went by and he had sufficient money to own a restaurant selling his finest chicken dishes. One fine, fine day, the leader of the gangsters wanted '小鸡' to be his successor. However, there was one huge problem. Another guy nicknamed '小刀' had just been released from prison and was supposed to be the successor instead. His mother was unhappy and went to confront the leader of the gangsters.

Thus after some bickering, both parties decided to resolve the matter by completing a mission to find an antique table leg. The leader had the leg but was super sway when he was conned by the other party's men. He was being stabbed and killed in such ridiculous fashion that my friend and I started to doubt what we perceived as 'a fantastic and epic sequel' to the earlier Yound and Dangerous movies.

There was another scene when it was ASSUMED that '小鸡' was being slaughtered by '小刀' into tiny bits. The actual scene could not be seen as it took place within a taxi and the camera was showing the outside. I gasped, thinking that the protagonist was dead and the movie was well over. However, there was a clever twist to the story. In fact, '小鸡' and '小刀' were buddies and known each other before '小刀' went to jail. The blood seen at the taxi windows was in fact, tomato juice. My friend was smiling in disbelief and I was enjoying the twist but in fact, we found the scene very, very lame and well.. ridiculous.

After the movie, my friend was shaking his head profusely. We may have enjoyed the twist/ surprise element in the movie, nevertheless, we were disappointed as the movie did not turn out as we had expected. But, at least we had a few laughs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pretty dark confession to make... may be taken down soon

 Oh my god, I have not written for almost 2.5 years. Mind blowing. At the point when I am writing this blog entry, I believe that I am defin...