Friday, June 25, 2010

A feeling that was even better than scoring a last-second goal in the World Cup

It was a typical Tuesday when I met up with my '志同道合' buddy at Somerset MRT station. He was in Chinatown then and felt the urge to go out with me. We started off at 313 Somerset. WE decided to explore the shopping centre and found some nice eateries there, including the stall selling chicked cutlet. However, we went to Long John Silvers to eat lunch.

We were walking and talking on our way to Plaza Singapura, our next destination. I yawned, thinking that it was probably just another ordinary day. I hoped for something special to happen. Thankfully, my prayers were answered. My friend and I were in the Star Factory arcade, playing the Spot the Difference game. After a few inpressive rounds, my friend and I were about to lose the game when we were stuggling to find the last difference; when out of the blue, my friend clicked at the centre of the screen, feeling frustrated. To our absolute surprise, the area he clicked on was the missing difference. Still not convinced that it was a surprise huh.. I forgot to mention that.. At that instanteneous moment, the timer read 0 seconds!!!! That meant that, after 0.0000......1 (to the power of 99999...9) seconds --> (very very fast, in other words) , we would have lost the game. As a result, we had 0 points awarded, but managed to progress to the next stage.

Lastly, we went to Secret Recipe retaurant to satisfy our craving for cheese cake and milkshake. We played the Unblock Me game on my iphone and I got to say, my friend is very pro at playing the game. I was surprised how he grasped the winning strategies of the game so quickly. Time passed by like a speeding bullet and it was 5pm already. My friend and I then bid syonarra and I walked home feeling satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pretty dark confession to make... may be taken down soon

 Oh my god, I have not written for almost 2.5 years. Mind blowing. At the point when I am writing this blog entry, I believe that I am defin...