Monday, March 1, 2010

Hope that the loss of wisdom teeth won't make me less wise..

It was 3pm when I was boarding the MRT to Paragon. I was not about to window-shop there, but to remove my (top 2) wisdom teeth. I did not feel nervous at all. Instead, I was full of optimism- firstly because the dentist had already removed my bottom 2 teeth, secondly, I have waited for 1 whole year for my wisdom teeth to be completely removed, since the heart-breaking news during a regular dental check-up...

Anyway, I stepped into the dental clinic and realised that I was 10 minutes late. I was supposed to reach there by 3.30pm. Phew, my slot was not taken over by someone else. Thus, I did not have to wait for long before it was my turn. I greeted Dr Ho the dentist and the first thing he did was to ask me where my x-ray film of my teeth was. We told each other that we could not find it and therefore I had to take an x-ray in their own clinic zzz...

After which, the dentist checked my wisdom teeth to examine whether it has fully grown out. Of course I would prefer that as my teeth will only be extracted using 'pliers' and not operated using a 'drill'. The latter was a much expensive method anyway and probably more risky.

So 'verdict': my wisdom teeth has ALMOST grown out. Oh shoot, I thought, as I may have to book a later appointment for the extraction. But Dr. Ho said that he could extract it by cutting a small slit on my gums near the teeth. I immediately gave him the green light and opened my mouth wide.

For those who are frightened or paranoid of such dental experiences, do not fret. The dentist will most probably apply some 'cream' onto your gums so that you do not feel much pain. The injections to the gums were the most 'painful', as 'painful' as an ant's bite that was.. Besides, it hurts less than being cut by broken glass..

The extraction finished in no time and I was delighted that I got to keep my two wisdom teeth as a whole, unlike the last time where the teeth was in bits and pieces. The total cost was yea.. (I prefer to say LESS) than $400; to me it was a huge bargain. I went back home and removed the 2 cotton rolls that minimised blood flow from the gums. I gurgled my mouth and spat out the water.. and my sink had literally became 'a red sea'. Blood was flowing from my gums non-stop and fortunately, it was only for a short while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pretty dark confession to make... may be taken down soon

 Oh my god, I have not written for almost 2.5 years. Mind blowing. At the point when I am writing this blog entry, I believe that I am defin...